Saturday, June 7, 2014

Kennedy Meadows to Forrester Pass

I'm not sure if I can even begin to describe the beauty of the Sierra's. I'm not a writer, you'd have to ask my brother to put it into words that aren't clumsy and straight forward. Let's just say the alpine environment calls to me. On trail we bounce from 8,000ft to 13,00 ft. A typical day is traveling from 9,000ft to 11,000ft and then back down. Our total elevation gain and loss between Kennedy Meadows and Mammoth is over 33,000ft; over 37,000ft if you summit Whitney which I think everyone on the PCT should do.
The views from each ridge, pass, or summit are epic and magnanimous. They kindly reward me for all the energy put in to see them. The layers of mountains devide every skyline into multiple shades of blue, alpine lakes line the mountains base with turquoise gems, and snow makes me feet as wet as my armpits. It's lovely.
Whitney was at sunrise; I just have no words for how amazing that was.


Forester pass is not bad. The snow is minimal and there are feet cut in.


The backside is why you want to finish the pass by 12 at the latest. Otherwise this can be messy or icey. It was fun to dig the heels in and run into the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment