Sunday, July 13, 2014

Tuolumne Meadows to Echo Lake

By the time I finally left Tuolmne Meadows I was ready to get out of Yosemite. The amount of people in the park freaked me out. I thought for sure we would get out of day hiker territory soon. I like day hikers, but running into 25 people a day was getting old.

Although my breaks are controversial, meaning I have taken too many, it did make us go through perfect flower time of year. The wild flowers were beautiful.
Mile 1000 was a great accomplishment. Next goal is half way and then the end. I just keep walking until I can't anymore.

The terrain went through just a crazy shift from Yosemite lush green meadows and granite to dry choosy lava rock. 
It was a geological wonder. I would love to research the history of this area in depth. How are black peaks a pile of rubble on top of granite? It's beautiful.
Around Echo Lake the confir forrest comes back but it is still quite dry. Echo Lake has amazing ice cream that I would suggest getting twice. It is such a treat right on trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment